Autosmart is the UK’s leading supplier of professional vehicle cleaning products and is open for business during this challenging period. Our team are on the road supplying essential businesses in the London and Greater London region from our Crawley based warehouse and we’re looking for an IT savvy Warehouse Supervisor with high standards and stock management experience to join us.
If you’re looking to progress your career to managing a warehouse operation then this is a rare and exciting opportunity for you to step up and make your mark in a fast growing organisation. It’s a busy, varied and responsible role balancing full responsibility for stock management and health and safety matters with being hands-on every day.
Our Warehouse Supervisor responsibilities:
- Manage stock and improve stock control systems.
- Coordinate warehouse duties; goods in and deliveries out, picking orders, re-stocking the shelves, preparing the weekly order to replenish stock, loading and unloading goods.
- Manage a small warehouse and deliveries team, motivating the team to deliver top performance.
- Assist with opening or closing the branch.
- Assist the Sales Manager with organisational and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of operation.
- Implement and champion the health and safety action plan, carry out risk assessments, train colleagues and maintain stock of first aid and emergency equipment.
- Assist with preparing and delivering customer orders within the London and Greater London region.
- Assist the field sales team with daily re-stocking of the ‘mobile shop’ fleet ready for the following days sales.
- Carry out administration and quality checks to ensure vehicles comply with road transport laws
- Coordinate basic and routine maintenance work and general housekeeping.
The successful Warehouse Supervisor will:
- Be highly motivated, have a flexible approach to work and a positive attitude.
- Be proficient in the use of stock management or CRM systems.
- Have experience implementing stock management processes and improving stock control.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Ideally have working knowledge of heavy goods vehicle compliance and safety processes.
- Live within easy commuting distance of Crawley.
- Have a valid driving licence.
An IOSH Managing Safely qualification, ADR (hazardous goods) licence and counterbalance FLT certification will all be advantageous however we are happy to provide training in the specialist skills needed for this role.
What can we offer you?
- Salary £25,000 to £28,000 – fully negotiable depending on experience.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday days, covering either opening or closing of the branch (opening hours are 7am to 6pm), with occasional Saturdays for stock take or training.
- A varied and interesting role with a stable market leader with chance to use your experience to shape how the business will look and operate in the future.
- Great team environment that embodies our “Stronger Together” values.
- Permanent contract of employment.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Non-contributory private health care, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- Life insurance at three times salary.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Generous staff purchase scheme.
If you feel this could be your next role, then apply NOW, as screening for successful candidates will commence straight away.
Candidates should be aware that this is a physically demanding role.